- The latest government guidance can be found here.
- For information on North Somerset Council services please see here.
- For information on how Wrington Community Resilience can help during this time please see here.
- If you have symptoms of the virus please follow these guidelines on waste disposal.
- The Parish Council office is closed but you can contact the Council via email@example.com or, in an emergency only, on 01934 862432 / 07969 070213.
Welcome to Wrington Parish Council
The parish includes the villages of Wrington and Redhill, together with a large area of countryside, a number of widely dispersed rural households and Bristol Airport.
More general information about Wrington and Redhill is available on the Wrington Village website, with our intention to provide Council-related information here.
For information on road works and closures see here.
News & Notices
The Play Areas in Wrington are now officially open. Please ask your children to take some time to read the signs that have been put up and talk to them about behaving responsibly before they head off to play. Remind them not to throw litter around and to use the bins. If the bins are full, take it home. Please give them hand sanitiser/wipes to use before and after they play, ask them not to join large groups of people and avoid equipment if it is already busy. Let’s help each other to stay safe.
Ladywell will be closed to traffic for resurfacing on 23 July, 8.00am-5.00pm.
Libraries in North Somerset
- Libraries are offering a limited ‘click and collect’ service at some sites. For more information please see here.
- The mobile library will also be offering ‘click and collect’ from 6 July. For more information see here.
- For information on free online services, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eComics, digital newspapers and magazines, please see here.
- Please pass this information on to anyone who might be interested.
Parish Council vacancies – If you are interested in becoming a Councillor please contact us. This is an opportunity for you to represent your community and help shape it. The official Notice for the latest vacancy can be found here all other vacancies can be filled by co-option.
Mendip Vale Medical Practice – the June Newsletter is available here.
Somerset Bereavement Support Service is here if you’ve been bereaved and need emotional support or someone to talk to. Somerset Public Health, MIND, and Marie Curie have joined together to offer this free service. For further information please see here.
Cox’s Green is closed to traffic for 6 months from 1 June. For further information please see here.
Recycling Centres in Weston-Super-Mare, Portishead and Backwell have reopened. In line with Government guidelines, visits to the recycling centres should only be made if the waste cannot be disposed of via kerbside collections, or safely stored at home. Measures will also be put in place to ensure social distancing is complied with. More information is available here.
Age UK – for information on their current services for older people in North Somerset please see here. Please pass this information onto anyone who might find it of use.
Covid-19 Small Business Grants and Relief – North Somerset Council is concerned many businesses are missing out on government money which could support them during this time. For further information please see here.
Wrington Memorial Hall (including the car park) and Redhill Village Hall are closed until further notice due to the current situation and following government guidelines.
Are you concerned about off-site airport parking? Any issues about parking or taxis can be reported to the airport via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you notice faulty streetlights please let us know. Please quote the identification code (usually beginning with ‘C’) on the column/pole or the number/name of the nearest house.
Notice of conculsion of audit for the financial year ending 31 March 2019 has been issued. For further information see here.