Welcome to Wrington Parish Council
For information on Bristol Airport’s planning application to increase passenger numbers to 12 million per year please scroll down.
The parish includes the villages of Wrington and Redhill, together with a large area of countryside, a number of widely dispersed rural households and Bristol Airport.
More general information about Wrington and Redhill is available on the Wrington Village website (link below), with our intention to provide Council-related information here.
For information on road works and closures see here.
The full application is available here. You can comment here or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com. Alternatively you can write to Planning Department, North Somerset Council, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston super Mare, BS23 1UJ.
Make sure you enter the reference number 18/P/5118/OUT on all correspondence.
You might also be interested in:
- Appeal to raise funds to finance a barrister to fight Bristol Airport’s expansion plans – a group of environmental activists and local residents have launched a crowd-funding initiative to raise funds to pay for a leading barrister to provide expert advice on the application.
- Bristol 24/7 piece ‘Airport expansion is the topsy-turvy logic of an economic wonderland‘
- North Somerset school students have made a video plea to teachers in Ontario, Canada, about the impact of the airport’s expansion plans (the airport is owned and run by the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan).
- BANES Council has opposed the airport’s expansion plans.
- Dr Liam Fox’s web page where he publishes replies to letters he has written on behalf of his constituents. You can also contact him with your views.
- BBC piece on air pollution.
- The hand-outs from the Council’s meetings are available here and here.
- Bristol Evening Post article on the recent meetings.
- Parish Council Airport Association’s piece on YouTube.
- Stop Bristol Airport Expansion (SBAE)
- CALRAG (Churchill & Langford Residents Action Group).
- Campfire Bugle
- CPRE’s general advice on commenting on planning applications.
- CPRE’s interactive map of light pollution ‘Night Blight’.
- A BBC article on how air pollution moves across Europe.
- Earth Law
News & Notices
The Citizen’s Advice Bureau is moving. The last session at The Badger Community Resource Centre was on 5 July and they will re-open in The Sovereign Centre on 15 July. For further information on their services during the move see here.
The Council’s Annual Return for the financial year ended 31 March 2019 is available for inspection until 7 August. For further information see:- the Notice of Public Rights & Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return, Notes on the public’s legal rights, the Annual Governance Statement and the Accounting Statements.
Rural Connections in North Somerset is a new initiative, delivered by the Village Agents, to help facilitate and support older people to connect and help reduce loneliness. For further information see here.
The Council’s latest newsletter is available here.
Are you concerned about off-site airport parking? Any issues about parking or taxis can be reported to the airport via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you notice faulty streetlights please let us know. Please quote the identification code (usually beginning with ‘C’) on the column/pole or the number/name of the nearest house.