Welcome to Wrington Parish Council
For information on Bristol Airport’s planning application to increase passenger numbers to 12 million per year please scroll down.
The parish includes the villages of Wrington and Redhill, together with a large area of countryside, a number of widely dispersed rural households and Bristol Airport.
More general information about Wrington and Redhill is available on the Wrington Village website (link below), with our intention to provide Council-related information here.
For information on road works and closures see here.
Bristol Airport planning application to increase passenger numbers from 10 to 12 million per year
You can still make your views known to North Somerset Council.
The full application is available here. You can comment here or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com. Alternatively you can write to Planning Department, North Somerset Council, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston super Mare, BS23 1UJ.
Make sure you enter the reference number 18/P/5118/OUT on all correspondence.
You might also be interested in:
- Appeal to raise funds to finance a barrister – a group of environmental activists and local residents have launched a crowd-funding initiative to raise funds to pay for a leading barrister to help fight the airport’s expansion plans.
- Bristol 24/7 piece ‘Airport expansion is the topsy-turvy logic of an economic wonderland‘
- School students have made a video plea to the airport’s Canadian owners (the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan) about the impact of the expansion plans.
- BANES Council has opposed the airport’s expansion plans.
- Dr Liam Fox’s web page where he publishes replies to letters he has written on behalf of his constituents. You can also contact him with your views.
- The Parish Council held two public meetings in January about the airport’s plans. The hand-outs are available here and here, as well as a Bristol Evening Post article on the meetings.
- Parish Council Airport Association’s piece on YouTube.
- Stop Bristol Airport Expansion (SBAE)
- Campfire Bugle
- CPRE’s general advice on commenting on planning applications.
- CPRE’s interactive map of light pollution ‘Night Blight’.
News & Notices
The Mobile Library visits Wrington every Monday and Wednesday. It visits Redhill and Coombe Dale every other Wednesday. The full timetable for services across the area is available here.
North Somerset Council Area Officer ‘surgery’ is on Tuesday 4 February, 10.00-11.00am, in the Council office. You can talk to Richard Branchflower about any issues with highways, road maintenance, footpaths and drainage.
Work on the Cox’s Green site has begun – for further information on what the Parish Council understand the construction process to be please see here.
The Parish Council public opening days have changed – The John Locke Room is open to the public on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 10.00am-12noon (excluding Bank Holidays).
Parish Council vacancies – If you are interested in becoming a Councillor please contact us. This is an opportunity for you to represent your community and help shape it.
Rural Connections in North Somerset is an initiative, delivered by the Village Agents, to help facilitate and support older people to connect and help reduce loneliness. For further information see here.
Are you concerned about off-site airport parking? Any issues about parking or taxis can be reported to the airport via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you notice faulty streetlights please let us know. Please quote the identification code (usually beginning with ‘C’) on the column/pole or the number/name of the nearest house.
Notice of conculsion of audit for the financial year ending 31 March 2019 has been issued. For further information see here.