Welcome to Wrington Parish Council
For information on Bristol Airport’s planning application to increase passenger numbers to 12 million per year please scroll down.
The parish includes the villages of Wrington and Redhill, together with a large area of countryside, a number of widely dispersed rural households and Bristol Airport.
More general information about Wrington and Redhill is available on the Wrington Village website (link below), with our intention to provide Council-related information here.
For information on road works and closures see here.
The full application is available here. You can comment here or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com. Alternatively you can write to Planning Department, North Somerset Council, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston super Mare, BS23 1UJ.
Make sure you enter the reference number 18/P/5118/OUT on all correspondence.
You might also be interested in:
- Bristol 24/7 piece ‘Airport expansion is the topsy-turvy logic of an economic wonderland‘
- North Somerset school students have made a video plea to teachers in Ontario, Canada, about the impact of the airport’s expansion plans (the airport is owned and run by the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan).
- BANES Council has opposed the airport’s expansion plans.
- Dr Liam Fox’s web page where he publishes replies to letters he has written on behalf of his constituents. You can also contact him with your views.
- BBC piece on air pollution.
- The hand-outs from the Council’s meetings are available here and here.
- Bristol Evening Post article on the recent meetings.
- Parish Council Airport Association’s piece on YouTube.
- Stop Bristol Airport Expansion (SBAE)
- CALRAG (Churchill & Langford Residents Action Group).
- Campfire Bugle
- CPRE’s general advice on commenting on planning applications.
- CPRE’s interactive map of light pollution ‘Night Blight’.
- A BBC article on how air pollution moves across Europe.
- Earth Law
News & Notices
The roadworks planned on the A38 on 15 & 16 June have been cancelled due to the weather forecast.
Wrington Memorial Hall urgently needs a relief Caretaker to cover for the Caretaker for the next 3 to 4 months with immediate effect. For further information see here.
Rural Connections in North Somerset is a new initiative, delivered by the Village Agents, to help facilitate and support older people to connect and help reduce loneliness. For further information see here.
The Council’s latest newsletter is available here.
Are you concerned about off-site airport parking? Any issues about parking or taxis can be reported to the airport via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you notice faulty streetlights please let us know. Please quote the identification code (usually beginning with ‘C’) on the column/pole or the number/name of the nearest house.
North Somerset Council Area Officer ‘surgery’ – we understand a new Area Officer has been appointed and we should know shortly if the surgeries will resume. In the meantime residents are still very welcome to contact us with any issues.